Practicalities for guests
- You are welcome at la Ferme du Bois-le-Comte all year round. We can always host you during weekends and school holidays. In midweeks (especially in off season) a minimum number of people is needed. Advance booking is required.
- If you decide to cancel your booking, you will have to send us a written notice (e-mail or letter). When canceling more than one month in advance you will be liable to pay 30% of the amount. When canceling later you will be liable to pay the full amount.
- Guests normally arrive between 5 and 6 p.m. on the first day (you can arrive until 8 p.m.) and leave at 10 a.m. on the last day. If you come from abroad, please feel free to arrive earlier or leave later (we aim to be as flexible as possible but check with us before; your room might not be available).
- Many people love the quiet and peace they find here. We ask you to keep this in mind and, specifically, to respect the night's rest between 10 pm and 8 am
- All the water we use flows from a natural spring. There is a purification installation to clean the dirty water after use. We also farm organically. These are some of the reasons why we invite you to take into account the natural cycle and if possible use biodegradable soaps and shampoos.
- Naturally, la Ferme du Bois-le-Comte is a non-smoking residence.
- Unfortunately, we do not accommodate pets.
We have ponies & horses, cats and a dog. The cats & the dog are not allowed inside the residence.
- Our little shop has natural body care products from Weleda (tooth paste, soap, massage oil, ...), 'Invocation' (native American liquid smudge & wellness essence), essential oils, books and CDs. We also sell freshly harvested organic vegetables from our garden.
- Mobile phones do not always work here (if you walk up the hill, they usually do, depending on which provider you have). We like to keep the inner courtyard and the guests' lounge mobile-free. You can also use the telephone at the office.
- You may want to bring your own bicycle (even if you come by train, this is easy). Bicycles and equipment can be stored.
- Bar consumption or other expenses can be paid in cash in euros. Payment by pay cards or credit cards is not possible. The nearest cash dispenser is in Florenville.
- If you have little kids, please bring your own child's bed. A Trip-Trap child's chair is available. If you would like to use it, please let us know in advance.