Practicalities for groups
- Book early, especially if you would like to come in Summer. Most groups plan a year ahead; the earlier you book, the more choice you will have. If you want to book, please contact us by e-mail or phone. Offer, confirmation, contract and deposit of your booking will follow.
- Normally, groups arrive at 5 p.m. on the first day and leave at 4 p.m. on the last day. Exceptions are sometimes possible and we aim to be as flexible as possible, especially with international groups.
- Bed linen and towels are not included in the basic price. However, you can opt for a group arrangement including bed linen and towels for everyone. Otherwise you bring your own towels, pillowcases, sheets and sleeping bags or duvets. (Blankets are available.) In the latter case individual group members who do not bring their bed linen can hire a set for € 10. In that case if possible please inform us in advance how many sets your group will need.
- Many people love the quiet and peace they find here. We ask you to keep this in mind and, specifically, to respect the night's rest between 10 pm and 8 am.
- The bar is run by the group, unless otherwise agreed. You can enjoy frothy Orval beer as well as other, organic drinks and snacks. You can not bring your own drinks and snacks.
- Naturally, la Ferme du Bois-le-Comte is a non-smoking residence.
- All the water we use flows from a natural spring. There is a purification installation to clean the dirty water after use. We also farm organically. These are some of the reasons why we invite you to take into account the natural cycle and if possible use biodegradable soaps and shampoos.
- Mobile phones do not always work here (if you walk up the hill, they usually do, depending on which provider you have). We like to keep the inner courtyard, the lounge and the dining-room mobile-free. You can also use the telephone in the office.
- Unfortunately, we do not accommodate pets.
We have ponies, horses, cats and a dog. The pets are not allowed inside the residence.
- Our little shop has natural body care products from Weleda (tooth paste, soap, massage oil, ...), 'Invocation' (native American liquid smudge & wellness essence), essential oils, books and CDs. We also sell freshly harvested organic vegetables from our garden.
- Bar consumption and other extras can be paid in cash in euros. Payment by pay cards or credit cards is not possible. The nearest cash dispenser is in Florenville.